Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This blog is getting boring

I'm a writer who loves happy endings and I'm sorry that this blog is officially boring and confusing. It has transitioned from a fun way of tracking my journey to a venting tool.

To refresh, the Mayo Clinic thinks I have scar tissue issues that need to be addressed with physical therapy and pain management. When I went to a local doctor, Dr. Smart, that deals with pain and physical therapy, he was ten times more empathetic to my pain and didn't agree that scar tissue is the cause of this torture-like-pain I have. He got a second opinion on-the-spot and they both recommended a gastro doctor for me, here locally. I felt deep down inside that they are right and the Mayo Clinic is wrong. And I know nothing about medicine. What do I do?

I went home and thought about it. I decided to call Dr. Hot from Mayo and tell him what is going on, what the doctor's said. I left a message in detail with his nurse. She said he would call me.

Meanwhile, I made the appointment with the new local gastro doctor. Why not get his opinion on my problem?

Dr. Hot had mentioned I see a urologist about my repeated bladder infections. The urologist was an older man who looked like he should've retired about 10-15 years ago. Wise and old. I liked him right away. He said, "that the colon x-ray the Mayo Clinic gave me wouldn't show very small fistubles. We would have to look into your bladder to see...." I sighed and said,"great, where do I have to go for this test". I was tested out if you know what I mean. He smiled and said, "oh, well we do it right here and it takes about three minutes." They put a scope up my pee hole and looked into my bladder. I watched on the tv screen, every ounce of the inside of my bladder. There were a few cysts, which are normal but I passed the test. I couldn't help but wonder why Dr. Hot didn't give me this easy fast test instead of the one that cost a lot and put me through bowel prep and radiation. I had had a Catscan and a colonoscopy and endless tests before going to the Mayo. I will definitely ask Dr. Hot about this when he calls me back. I was getting annoyed because he hadn't called back yet and two days went by.

No comments:

Post a Comment