Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dr. Smart

Feeling pretty good, I walked in to see Dr. Smart. The pain was still there but not tremendous. He was very curious if I had tried the medicine he'd given me. I explained about going back to the Mayo Clinic. He was extremely concerned about me, he really wanted me to take the meds and to put this cream on four times a day. He had me lay down and did another exam on me. His eyes were so deep and smart. He asked his mentor doctor to come in. They were both puzzled and extremely interested in what was wrong with me. I felt very lucky. They decided to inject my stomach right where it hurts to numb the muscles and nerves. They sprayed something on first that numbed the area. After they injected it, the area still hurt. No change. That means it IS in my body.

Dr. Smart recommended I see a new gastro doctor. He does not think it is scar tissue or the SMA thing. He said "A doctor that hasn't seen you before. So they will have new eyes." He recommended one and I have an appointment in about a week. I was already thinking about getting a second opinion from the Mayo Clinic about this whole matter. But I really feel that Dr. Smart may lead me in the right direction.

He said if I don't come back in he would hunt me down to find out what happened. What a refreshing dose of humanity.


I will keep searching for the physical therapist just in case the Mayo is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment