Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 7 and no call from Dr. Hot


I'm pissed. Wouldn't you be? Maybe I should've asked Dr. Hot for an ID to make sure he really works at the Mayo Clinic.

Walgreen's had to order the pancreas meds and I wanted to talk to Dr. Hot before taking them, to get his opinion. Since the rehabilitation doctor at Mayo was the doctor that I liked the best, I called him. He called back the same day. Thank God. I explained to him that these other three doctor's think Dr. Hot is wrong about the scar tissue causing this pain. He had me hold while he looked at Dr. Hot's notes. When he got back on the phone his tone was a little different. I am sensitive and maybe was reading too much into it. But he said Dr. Hot said he didn't think my pain was inside my body (cavity compared to muscles). If everything here is going to lead back to 'what Dr. Hot thinks' I may be in trouble. He also said he wanted me to have the physical therapy with a certified therapist in manual therapy. I told him I searched everywhere and couldn't find that kind of therapist. He will have his scheduler make an appointment with someone in Jacksonville and then I can see Dr. Hot on the same day. I agreed. I want to have a Mayo Clinic person who touches bodies for a living give their opinion. And I know the Mayo will trust that opinion more.

When I hung up the phone I wondered why his voice changed a little after looking at Dr. Hot's notes. I did receive a standard letter from the Mayo with a copy of my records. I got it out and read it. Mrs. Valerie Doherty is a 43-year-old female with a history of chronic depression and chronic anxiety. What? That is what he typed in after my name. I wasn't acting hysterical in his office nor was I crying. I've had issues with anxiety and depression but none of my friends, family or doctors that know me well would describe that way. It takes me 6 months to a year to go through one bottle of low dose xanax. The only time I had full blown depression was last year when a Northwestern University doctor had me on Reglan for months. It is known to give some people depression and boy did I have it bad. A few months on antidepressants and I was fine. I in no way am a chronic mental case, thank you very much Dr. Hot. Who wouldn't have some mental health issues after going through what I had. The paper also said that I've had this red-hot-poker pain since 2005. Wrong again, this started two years ago, not four. Under 'social history' it says that I enjoy riding. This made me laugh out loud. Me, in tons of pain riding a horse.

Apparently, according to this paperwork, I'm a mental case that has had no change in pain since my girl surgeries and am still able to ride a horse. Wow. Ummm, okay. I really hope Dr. Hot calls by the end of the day. Day seven. Or I'll have to change his name from Dr. Hot to Dr. Not.

The reason why I am not putting the real names of the doctors on this blog is because I come from a family of doctor's. My grandpa was a general practice way back when and my grandma was a nurse. My uncle was an emergency room doctor and my cousin is the most educated woman in our family. She has a doctorate in gerentology-she is a nurse. My dad is an orthodontist, his dad was a dentist. So I kind of feel like I'm on their side too. And in case you haven't figured it out, I am a sensitive red head and I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings, especially in a public way when they aren't here on this blog to defend themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment