Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Physical Therapist certified in manual therapy

The search was on. I had a friend refer a therapist that works with Dr. Smart, so I started there. I called and the scheduler said she was certified. Yippee! That was easy.

Before my appointment there was confusion as to why Dr. Smart hadn't given me a script for therapy but the Mayo Clinic did. I was just like "da, I don't know", I have times when I can't think about this anymore, this was one of those times. Then the therapist saw the "certified in manual therapy" and said she didn't have the certification. I said "please work on me anyways, I don't really know what is going on (gave review of my case)." She was fabulous and I really wished that she was going to be the one to help me. She called people trying to find me a therapist that had the credentials. She really felt for my problems and at least lifted my spirits for the day.

Dr. Smart's office called me because he wanted to schedule a follow-up visit. They called me? They cared enough to call me? Last they heard I was on my way back to the Mayo Clinic. This is a very good sign. I made my appointment with Dr. Smart.


No comments:

Post a Comment