Friday, September 18, 2009

Tell me this didn't happen

I am livid. After fasting again-no food or water, I arrived first thing for my MRI. The nice lady last night said that the hold placed on my MRI was a mistake and this morning I would be on stand-by and they would fit me in somewhere. This morning a different lady said they couldn't do the MRI because there's a hold. This lady wasn't going to call anyone, I had to go back to Dr. Hot's office to reschedule because of the hold.
See why I picked this picture?
On my way up to his office I thought about how after the colon x-ray the x-ray girl said to drink plenty of water to get the barium out. For those of you who don't know, they "insert" a ton of barium up your but before the test. Most of it comes out afterwards but not all of it. All of this fasting and the fact that I haven't gone #2 since the test, is hurting my guts. It kind of feels like rocks are forming.
Okay, so at Dr. Hot's office at 6:45am there was one receptionist who was very nice and caring. She made phone calls, but this doctor who put it on hold didn't respond (surprise, surprise). She did find out that the test was put on hold probably because the red barium has to be out of my system or it will mess up the MRI. "I haven't gone to the bathroom yet, and all this fasting isn't helping me go". She apologized and cared, that is something. But I gotta say, this doesn't feel like the Mayo Clinic at all. How could they not call me and tell me my test was on hold? I'm staying at the Inn at the Mayo Clinic, they can leave me a message at anytime. Hell, they could've walked to my room in 5 min., it's connected to the hospital. How could this doctor then say it was a mistake, and then it turns out that I was scheduled for a test that I couldn't take? Nobody here knows what they are doing. This is so unreal I just can't believe it.
I'm going to take my belly full of barium balls and go back home to Clearwater.

1 comment:

  1. your tests are onhold like for how long did they expect you to sit in the 1000 a night hotel

    ReplyDelete