Tuesday, September 29, 2009

301 is king





The best part of this experience was not the Mayo Clinic, but the ride down 301 between Ocala and Jacksonville. If I die tomorrow I'll be thinking about how lucky I was to have witnessed this beauty. On the way home, there were the yellowist flowers I'd ever seen speckling the green landscape. Some were like a water color of yellow and others were like spiny yellow daisies. They were yellow the week prior when I drove by, but this week they were peaking. Incredible. I want to live on 301. Wait a minute, my address is 301, oh my, this is meant to be.
On my way home I thought about how none of these doctor's can rule out SMA syndrome. Tests on the past on me have been very inaccurate. Could it be that the compression is more then the MRI showed? Let's see, yes, the past tests. First, we have the torn ACL in my knee. Turned out to be something bigger that required twice the recovery time. Then the "fibroid" on my uterus that would be easy to remove. It's like a balloon that you cut off and take out and wahlah. Well, the fibroid was embedded all over my uterus wall and I had endometreosis. The cutting into uterus wall and the dropping (never found out how 5 things on the right side weren't right for sometime and how a huge bruise got there) turned out to be longer healing and more money. Then the third surgery-the tests showed I had some cyst problems but not big deal. Even though my lower abdomen was getting bigger and bigger. And the pain was increasing every month. During the hysterectomy my doctor found my uterus was FULL of blood, endo, scar tissue, and cysts full of a BROWN substance. Yawn. Then the forth surgery did show four to five cysts that didn't go away. So I guess this test was accurate. The only one.
Now even though I'm Puker Girl and I'm Atrophy Girl. I have tons of pain in the SMA sydrome area that makes me disabled. My mobility gets bad, like a need a cane. I have a Catscan and MRI that both show I "may" have SMA syndrome, but three really smart doctor's say that they don't think I have it. All the other tests have shown nothing wrong.
Maybe I should just throw in the towel and buy a shack off 301. Go pet some cows. Write some books. The radio out there kept playing Dust In The Wind by Kansas, maybe it is a sign. On the side of the road in the country I saw a cage with garbage in it. Cool. Bears maybe? Racoons? Hay For Sale signs. A cluster of shirtless high school boys holding signs on their lower half, were very amusing as they were purposely pretended to be naked. A rusty old white truck was parked on the side of the road with a garage sale sign and tons of stuff laid out all over the ground. Six newer cars were parked and everyone was acting like it was a gold mine. It was so charming out on 301. What the heck is a boiled peanut anyways?
I drove my Honda instead of my truck and I wondered why my stomach was killing me all the way home. It sucked. I kept thinking maybe Dr. Hot was wrong. He did apologize about the test scheduling problems and was very nice. He said the hot areas that hurt could be from the muscle and nerve problems. But how could I have this pain so far above the surgical site? Confusing. I threw my back out once in my life and I'll never forget the pain involved, I couldn't sleep, comb my hair or wipe my---. Maybe it is from nerves after all. He referred me to a PMR-Physical Medicine Rehabilitation doctor and a pain clinic. Massage and pain meds? I'm not so sure about this but when the Mayo Clinic talks, I listen. I'll try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment