Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Maybe Dr. Hot is right

The day after my drive home I was miserable. It felt like someone was stabbing me with a hot poker and there was a screen under my skin under my ribs on the front and the back. It was hot to the touch and I could barely stand it.
It didn't take long for me to put two and two together. The drive home in a vehicle I'm not used to-when I was already feeling really bad-used up my stomach muscles. If driving drove me this pain and not food, then it may be a nerve/muscle problem and not SMA syndrome.
I feel a bit more concerned today because I don't want to have this sickly life forever. And I definitely don't want to start on a daily pain med routine. I made my appointment at the new PMR doctor here locally. If I'm not happy with them I'll be heading down 301 and back to the Mayo Clinic where the best PMR's probably are in this part of the country. And I will learn how to use the cruise control on my Honda.

No comments:

Post a Comment